I remember my childhood like it was yesterday. In terms of the universe it was yesterday! I remember wanting to be 16. For me that was the golden age. The age where my life would be absolutely perfect. At the time, it was so far away. I had a good 9 years to go until I would be said “golden age”. I am now past my set golden age and on to the better golden age. As I have grown, the things of my childhood have come and gone. Here is a list I came up with “cool” things from when I was younger.
- NSYNC, The Backstreet Boys, and Britney Spears pre-melt down. Who can forget “Bye Bye Bye”, “Larger Than Life”, and “Oops I Did It Again”?
- Mix Clips. The early version of iPods.
- Hey Arnold, PB and J Otter, Lizzie McGuire, That’s So Raven, and Even Stevens were shows that were on daily
- The Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advanced were so cool and everyone had one
- Tamagotchi were pretty cool too
- VHS were the main videos, not DVDs
- Toys R Us was like heaven
- Neopets was the most amazing website I had ever been on
- Rather than say “like”, I said “Not” at the end of a sentence. So did all of my friends.
- Limited Too was my favorite store.
- My main form of transportation was by a Razor scooter…it was an orange one:)
- Radio Disney was all over
- I wanted a fire-fly cell phone and begged my parents for one.
- Junie B Jones and the Judy Moody books were my favorite.
So, as you can see, these are all pretty old things. I have not heard any of them mentioned in years (unless my friends and I think about them).
What memories do you have from your childhood? Do you remember any of the things mentioned above? Comment! I would love to hear!
Have a fantastic day!