Instead of coming up with resolutions which aren’t always the most attainable, I decided to come up with goals!
In no particular order…
- Write in my journal everyday (even if it is only a few sentences about something good that happened that day)
- Study hard, study well
- Stay better organized
- Challenge myself
- Learn something new (Something I want to and that is not a part of school)
- Stay on my schedule and try not to deviate from it
- No excuses
- Read more for myself
- Stay informed
- Give myself time to reflect each day
- Get a new hobby
- Go on a road trip with my friends
- Aim to go to the gym at least 3x/week
- Stop eating bad food/ take smaller portions/ drink more water
- Focus on myself and how well I am doing as opposed to comparing myself to others
- Forget about the girls who caused so much drama in my life
- Play my violin more
- Try listening to a new genre of music
- Watch a movie once a week to give myself a break from school
- Spend more time with my family
- Spend more time with my Kappa Delta sisters
- Learn the KD ritual
- Learn the KD songs
- Take my clipboard to all chapter meetings and take ample notes
- Read and refer back to said notes
- Learn some French
- Play more tennis
- Learn to love everything about myself
- Read my Bible more
- Blog more
- Aim high, reach for the stars to accomplish these goals
I hope you all had a wonderful New Years and have an even better 2014!
Let me know what your goals are for the year!
Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well!
I know I said I was going to do a daily post of “things I hear in the hallway”. Unfortunately, right when I wanted to write about it, I stopped hearing interesting tidbits. So, alas, that idea turned out poorly! The last week has been unlike a normal one. With the events of last weekend mixed with my slow classes, I had an interesting week…and by interesting I mean one filled with a multitude of emotions.
This week I had to prepare for my Solo and Ensemble competition with my violin piece. I originally was not too thrilled to do this competition as it was just part of my grade. However, I practiced all week a lot and got a higher score than I thought I was going to receive. A score of 1 means you go to the state competition. I received a 2. Not bad! I had prepared myself to get a 3, so a 2 was quite unexpected! Many of my friends played so well that they received a score of 1! Which means I am friends with some VERY talented musicians! However, I was happy that I did not get a 1. I am not only not majoring in music, but the state competition is on the same day as Prom. No thank you. I do wish my classmates the greatest of luck when they so go to state!
I think the best part of the experience was my music teacher telling me that this was the best he had ever heard me play. Well that right there is a confidence booster. Especially when it comes from someone who has a few masters pertaining to music, teaching, and composition!
Before I could make the much anticipated appearance at Solo and Ensemble, I went to school. On a Saturday morning… at 8 a.m. Bright and Early. Now, many of you are probably asking, “why on Earth would you put yourself through that on a Saturday?!” My friends, let me explain. You are currently reading the blog of an overachiever. I had a practice AP English Language and Composition exam this morning until 12. Okay so I am definitely not a complete overachiever. If I was that I would have also received a National Merit Scholarship as 3 of my friends did and I would have gotten a 1 on my solo. So no, not a complete overachiever. However, I do want to feel prepared for the test come May. I need a three on the exam. I do not think that will be too difficult, but I do not want to take a chance on messing up because I did not prepare enough.
On a side note, I some new, amazing music.
Here are my favorites this week:
We all go through life usually not thinking about something horrible that could happen to us. We usually just go through the daily motions never thinking about anything other than what we expect. What we should do, rather, is expect the unexpected because that is usually is how fate has it.
Today I saw why we should never take life for granted face to face. My boyfriend and I were going to celebrate our two-year anniversary today with this amazing surprise he had come up with. He got into a car accident early this morning though. The unexpected happened. He had to be cut out of the car and taken to the hospital. Good for him though, he was not texting or talking on the phone at the time. He hit some black ice and ran into a stop light. He is okay though, he will be out of the hospital tomorrow. Had he not been wearing a seat belt, however, it could have been a much different story.
Seeing him today and how much pain he was in was a wake up call for me though. So easily our lives can be changed in an instant. Here he was driving in an area he has known for most of his life and out of nowhere this happens. I am so glad he is going to be okay. I thank God. This accident made me think how quickly everything can change and how we should not take life for granted because we never know when the unexpected is going to happen.
Have a nice weekend,
“Today may not be what I asked for, but that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t enjoy it anyway.” -Unknown
“Life is a gift. Never take it for granted.”
Yesterday I was nominated for the Liebster Award from http://simplymichelleraven.wordpress.com. I was so excited to find out that I had been nominated seeing as I have never been nominated for any type of award pertaining to my blog. So, first and foremost I would love to thank Michelle for nominating me. You made my day. So THANK YOUUUUU! I would definitely recommend checking her blog out because she is obviously super cool!
The rules for this award are as followed:
- Thank the person who so graciously nominated you
- Answer the 11 question they ask you
- Nominate 11 new blog that have under 200 followers
- Ask them 11 questions in turn
The point of this award is to get the names out there of some amazing blogs that may not have been noticed otherwise!
Here are my questions that I have to answer:
- What is your dream vacation? My Dream vacation would have to be backpacking through Europe for a few months with no set plans or itinerary. So, a very long vacation!
- What TV character most describes you? The TV character that describes me the most would have to be Sue from The Middle (on ABC, Wednesdays). Sue never quits and is always very optimistic about her life and I feel that I am like that a lot of the time.
- What was your favorite class in high school and why? My favorite class in high school was AP US History because my teacher gave his all to make sure his students were prepared more than enough for a tough exam. He showed us that hard work can get you far.
- Imagine you could only take three things with you to an island for the rest of your life… what would they be? If I could only take three things with me to an island I would take a salt water purifier so I could live, a life time supply of hamburger meat so I could have protein, and a tablet with unlimited amounts of books, games, and movies so I would never be bored!
- Would you prefer to meet Ursula (from the Little Mermaid), Jafar (from Aladin), or Cruella DeVille (from 101 dalmations)? I would want to meet Cruella DeVille. I really want to see what her deal is. She seems so lonely and I think she needs a friend.
- Mac or PC? PC for sure. Duh.
- Would you rather travel to china for a year or go to France for a month? I would go to France for a month because I have always been infatuated with their culture.
- Grey’s Anatomy or Scrubs? Welllll…I do not watch either, but I think I will say Grey’s Anatomy because Patrick Dempsey is in it and Patrick Dempsey is extremely attractive…
- What is your favorite part of each season? My favorite part of Spring is the thunderstorms. I love the laid back-ness of it and relaxing. I love Fall the most because of the memorizing colors. Lastly, I enjoy winter because it is Christmas, New Years, my birthday and Valentines Day. It is basically the greatest group of holidays out there (yes my birthday is a holiday, just ask me!).
- Why do you blog? I just love to write. A lot. A LOTTTTT.
- Would you rather go back in time or go to the future and why? I would rather go back into the future because we already know what has happened. Nothing could change too much and I want to wear a ballgown from the 1700’s. I would not like to go into the future because I like surprises.
All of these blogs are fabulous and the people that write them are phenomenal writers in their own way and I defintiely suggest you check them out!
So here are the questions that I want to have answered:
- What’s one of your favorite habits you have?
- What are some things that make you really happy?
- What are some things that make you really sad?
- What are some things that scare you?
- Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous?
- Do you have a favorite number? Any particular reason why you like that number?
- If you were a type of animal, what would you be and why?
- What’s one of the strangest things you’ve ever done?
- What kind of vacations do you like?
- What are some of your major goals in life?
- What are some of your smaller goals in life?
Thank you for the Award again, Michelle!
So I just put up a post about my new favorites, but I just bought a bunch of
new music that I am so excited about so I thought I would share!
Some of these videos are also in my previous post, My Favorite Music, as well.
I hope you enjoyed the videos!
Have a wonderful week everyone!!!
NEW BLOG UPDATE
I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
I have created a new blog, It is called College Rants. Cute, right? I am very excited for this new blog and I hope you all get just as excited as I am! I am still keeping this blog and will keep posting just all the random stuff that I enjoy to post. College Rants is a blog that will be solely for my college experiences. For example, I will be posting pictures of what I am buying, how I am getting (and staying, hopefully) organized. I will be blogging about the differences between high school and college. I know many of you that read my blog often are around the same age as me so I hope that this blog can also benefit you all!
Thank you all for always reading what I have to say and I hope that my new blog lives up to your expectations and is just as great as this blog is!
Click below to go to the blog