Instead of coming up with resolutions which aren’t always the most attainable, I decided to come up with goals!
In no particular order…
- Write in my journal everyday (even if it is only a few sentences about something good that happened that day)
- Study hard, study well
- Stay better organized
- Challenge myself
- Learn something new (Something I want to and that is not a part of school)
- Stay on my schedule and try not to deviate from it
- No excuses
- Read more for myself
- Stay informed
- Give myself time to reflect each day
- Get a new hobby
- Go on a road trip with my friends
- Aim to go to the gym at least 3x/week
- Stop eating bad food/ take smaller portions/ drink more water
- Focus on myself and how well I am doing as opposed to comparing myself to others
- Forget about the girls who caused so much drama in my life
- Play my violin more
- Try listening to a new genre of music
- Watch a movie once a week to give myself a break from school
- Spend more time with my family
- Spend more time with my Kappa Delta sisters
- Learn the KD ritual
- Learn the KD songs
- Take my clipboard to all chapter meetings and take ample notes
- Read and refer back to said notes
- Learn some French
- Play more tennis
- Learn to love everything about myself
- Read my Bible more
- Blog more
- Aim high, reach for the stars to accomplish these goals
I hope you all had a wonderful New Years and have an even better 2014!
Let me know what your goals are for the year!
I have so many essentials in my life. These are the things that make me the happiest. Here you go (in no particular order):
1) flowers…especially bright ones!
2) Dave Barnes music…so relaxing.
3) scarves…floral and bright!
3) dresses…so beautiful.
4) rain…pitter patter on my heart.
5) summer…warm breezes and fun times.
6) Seventeen Magazine… I have read every issue for the last 5 years.
7) tennis… I have played for 4 years.
8) good friends…ones that treat me like a friend.
9) nice family…they are the best!
10) dreams…almost better than reality sometimes!
11) good grades…who doesn’t like that?!
12) my relationship…He is wonderful:).
13) colorful things…my room is aqua and lime green.
14) funny pictures…make me laugh!
15) inspirational quotes…I like to be inspired.
16) monkeys…favorite (and adorable!) animal.
17) traveling…I have been to two other countries and all the states except for 7.
18) a good book…my favorite is Anna and the French Kiss. At least from this summer.
19) dressing up…prom and homecoming!!!!
20) shoes…I love sandals and boots.
21) good food… better be spicy!
22) mexican food…read above;).
23) jewelry… earrings are the best!
25) piglet…have had him since I was a year old!
26) post cards…I have 950+ (I haven’t counted in awhile).
27) eiffel tower…my dream destination.
28) being a senior…I am still shocked.
29) polka dots…my bed spread.
30) orchestra…going on 8 years. My violin and I are inseperable.
What is essential in your life?
With every summer comes a new bucket list; a new set of achievements. Summer is a time of renewal as I stated in Why I Love Summer. I always think how great it will be to go back to the new school year looking and feeling totally new. That never seems to happen, however. In realization I probably will not achieve some of these I present you with THE LIST:
- Do not wait around
- Get involved with politics (even more than I already am)
- Get some sleep
- Go outside and look at the pretty stars
- Try new food
- Do something interesting
- Beat someone in video games
- Do some crazy nail art
- Read a good book (or two, or three, or ten)
- Have fun with my friends
- Get even more sleep
- Play tennis
- Cook something interesting
- Travel the world (okay…that won’t happen)
What’s YOUR bucket list?
This will be a quick little post.
I have been inspired.
I watched my friends’ YouTube video and I learned that if “you aren’t doing what you love, you are wasting your time.” I think that is a great way to live your life!
Always have a great time with what you do!
Click on the link below. Subscribe, like, share, do everything. This is a wonderful cover she did. She deserves all the support in the world for it!
Whoever you are, have a great day and life your life to its fullest.